The Walker Research Group, Ltd. offers a variety of research services to Native American and other clients in the following areas:
- litigation support
- cultural and environmental impact assessments
- cultural resource management
- traditional cultural properties/sacred sites
- nominations to the National Register of Historic Places
- community and environmental health
- socioeconomic assessment and economic development planning
- population research
- risk assessment
- natural and cultural resource damage assessment
- treaty research and interpretation
In the course of our research we have become familiar with the provisions and requirements of the Federal Heritage Legislation. Specifically, we have extensive experience with the Archaeological Resource Protection Act (ARPA), the National Historic Preservation Act as amended, Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA), American Indian Religious Freedom Act (AIRFA), and Executive Orders including endangered species, sacred sites, and tribal consultation.
The Walker Research Group, Ltd. was founded to provide a wide range of applied social science services to Native Americans and other clients with specialized needs. It is our mission to provide the highest quality research to meet the needs of our clients. We strive to: 1) respond immediately to client requests; 2) match client needs with appropriate expertise; 3) complete projects in a timely manner; and 4) establish and maintain long-term relationships with clients.